Thursday, January 1, 2015

Stop Trying to Make New Year's Happen! It's Not Going to Happen!

Ah, New Year's. So full of hype designed to make us ring in midnight feeling strangely empty despite the gallon of cheap champagne we have literally just consumed through a spangled funnel.

I've always felt that in using New Year's Eve as an excuse to stay up late binge-drinking, we as a species are setting ourselves up for feeling bloated and cranky on every single January first, which is kind of like spelling your name wrong on the first page of the SATs. It just... doesn't bode well.

I tried to get Decembuary 0 to happen for awhile, but now I think I'm just going to start the new year on January 2nd, after I've digested the fifteen brunch bagels I used as my inaugural 2015 meal. And I urge all of you to do the same.

New year starts tomorrow. Fuck this noise.

Love,
Una



Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. I am so proud of you. When you decide to do something, you do. THREE BOOKS. Una, I can hardly believe it, Congratulations, it's an incredible undertaking with a little one at home. I couldn't even bring the day's mail in, and you've written three books. Way to go, xo (I brag that you were my editor)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...