Friday, November 7, 2014

My Fupa, Myself

Whenever possible, I like to post my holiday roundups at least a week later when no one cares.

Or, maybe I just didn't want anyone to see my Fupa.

You see, "Fupa"--in addition to being the acronym for Fat Upper Pubic/Penile/Orange is the New Black's Poussey Area--is what my son calls the pink, beflowered, butt plug-shaped member of the Yo Gabba Gabba Gang:

She also has a FUPA, if we're being honest.

Months and months ago, Sam decided that he wanted to be Muno, the character I often describe to friends as "the big red dildo cyclops." It's possible that I have a psychological problem in which I can only see children's television characters as they relate to sex toys, but seriously, you tell me:

Let us not speak of the bumps.

It was fine. After all, I grew up in a family that said "partner" instead of "husband," lest I be poisoned by heteronormative sexuality as a toddler. If my kid wanted to dress like one of the extras from the Disney ride version of the Caligula orgy scene, he was free to be you and me.

But then I made the mistake of asking, "What should mommy be?" I guess I was hoping he'd cock an eyebrow, think for a minute, and then answer, "a young Karen Allen." But instead... well, you know how this ends.

This costume doubles as the adult-sized onesie I'll be wearing for the next six months.
I have to hand it to Sam, this was actually the most comfortable costume I've ever worn, hands down, and the pockets were deep enough for the nips of whiskey I needed to consume on our trick-or-treating trail in order to maintain some semblance of dignity.

Happy Halloween, from my Fupa to yours.
Share/Bookmark

5 comments :

  1. Great family photo! I like the idea of the deep pockets. We just drink in public. :-) How undignified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are effing brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing work! And bravery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you are all way cuter than Muno. And your costume can be repurposed all kinds of ways. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha man that was funny. "he Disney ride version of the Caligula orgy scene" .... LMAO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...