Today you can read all about my ass-backwards path to publication, my literary idols, and my bitterness at not being more like Diane Keaton over at Writing 4 Two, a blog written by two mothers working towards becoming authors. I was so flattered that they were interested in me and Five Summers that I sent them a sexy boudoir shot to use in the post:
|The writer life, it is glamorous. Don't hate.|
*Hi, Mom!!! Did you imagine me typing that last sentence when you gave me my first I Can Read book? Are you super proud??
Here are some things you can do if you want to help me publicize the book over the next few months...
- "Like" or pre-order Five Summers on Amazon. I totally get it if you don't have $12 to spend right now on something you won't get until May 16. But if you could just hit "like" on the page that would be amazing!
- Become a fan of Five Summers on Facebook. (I created the fan page, and it's run entirely by me.)
- If you have a blog, share this button in your sidebar (email me if you need instructions):
- If you or someone you know is in the position of reviewing YA books in print or online, please get in touch with me so that I can arrange to send a galley copy!
- Also if you want to interview me, even for your Cat Fancy podcast or whatever, I am TOTALLY DOWN. I will take any opportunity I can get to talk at length about myself. Just ask Jeff, or my third grade teacher, for whom I once wrote an essay titled "Matisse and Me." Yes, that's Henri Matisse. Not many people know the extent to which I influenced his work.
Have a great weekend!