Friday, February 1, 2013

L'Interview (That's INTERVIEW in Fancy)

Yes, I'm pimping my book again. I warned you. But it's Friday, so you're drunk, and you don't care. Stay with me. Eyes up here.

Today you can read all about my ass-backwards path to publication, my literary idols, and my bitterness at not being more like Diane Keaton over at Writing 4 Two, a blog written by two mothers working towards becoming authors. I was so flattered that they were interested in me and Five Summers that I sent them a sexy boudoir shot to use in the post:

The writer life, it is glamorous. Don't hate.
And here's my whore spiel yet again*:

*Hi, Mom!!! Did you imagine me typing that last sentence when you gave me my first I Can Read book? Are you super proud??

Here are some things you can do if you want to help me publicize the book over the next few months...
    The Sassy Curmudgeon
  1. If you or someone you know is in the position of reviewing YA books in print or online, please get in touch with me so that I can arrange to send a galley copy!
  2. Also if you want to interview me, even for your Cat Fancy podcast or whatever, I am TOTALLY DOWN. I will take any opportunity I can get to talk at length about myself. Just ask Jeff, or my third grade teacher, for whom I once wrote an essay titled "Matisse and Me." Yes, that's Henri Matisse. Not many people know the extent to which I influenced his work.
Have a great weekend!

Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. Congratulations, Una! It feels good to hold your hard work in your hands, doesn't it?

    I have your button on my blog and I'll pre-order a copy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great interview, Una! I'm so excited for you!! (yes, I'm TWO EXCLAMATION POINTS excited!!)

    I honestly don't understand how you find time to do all this writing, but you inspire me. My problem is that I lack focus. I've got so many things I want to write at once that I end up finishing none of them. Self-discipline is obviously not my strong suit. Maybe I just need an assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email Sara to have her review your book! She's pretty bomb.

    http://strandupdate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratz Una - so you should be promoting your book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, we have the same haute fashion taste! I go for a more neutral dark brown for my houserobe, though.
    (And great interview! I'm really hoping for your nonfiction book to get a deal ((is that the lingo?)) because, despite not being a mom, I read all the articles you've written because they're hilarious!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall ask my minions to order my Mother's Day copy now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...