Thursday, December 13, 2012

Let's Talk About Book, Baby. Let's Talk About You and Me. Let's Talk About All the Good Things and the Bad Things That May Be. Let's Talk Aboooooout Book. Let's Talk About Book.

So let's talk about this book. (Spinderella cut it up one time! OK, I'll stop.)

First of all, thank you--each and every one of you--for your comments and tweets and Facebook messages. I am so overwhelmed by my amazing luck, not only to have this surreal experience, but also to have such a fantastic and funny and supportive group of readers.

And because I love you so much, I want to make you a promise:

I will NOT become one of those bloggers who writes a book and then can't talk about a single other goddamn thing.

You can hold me to that.

I mean, of course I'm going to mention it from time to time, especially leading up to its release in May. But I hate it when bloggers get a break and then turn into self-promotion robots. Or disappear completely. But luckily I've been slacking off for like a year now, so you guys are used to it. Remember this prescient post?


Anyway, what I'm going to do is get all of my self-promotion ya-yas out right now, so that we can go back to our regularly scheduled Tyra Mail.

Here are some things you can do if you want to help me publicize the book over the next few months:
  1. Tell your friends. Especially friends who have adolescent or teen girls. For maximum effect, go to a middle school and stage-whisper the following in the middle of a large crowd of students: "Have you read FIVE SUMMERS? It's supposed to be like Twilight times a billion, except instead of vampires there are camp counselors. And then there's this game of Capture the Flag that's basically The Hunger Games only no one dies. Also I heard Justin Bieber licked every single book jacket personally."

  2. Become a fan of Five Summers on Facebook. (I created the fan page, and it's run entirely by me.)

  3. If you have a blog, share this button in your sidebar (email me if you need instructions):

  4. The Sassy Curmudgeon

  5. "Like" or pre-order Five Summers on Amazon. I totally get it if you don't have $12 to spend right now on something you won't get until May 16. But if you could just hit "like" on the page that would be amazing!

  6. If you or someone you know is in the position of reviewing YA books in print or online, please get in touch with me so that I can arrange to send a galley copy!
It would mean so much to me if you guys would help me get the word out about my book. I'm not expecting this to change the face of publishing as we know it or anything, but I figure every little bit of buzz helps.

Thank you again, and I promise to shut up about it for at least a week or two. In the meantime, if you have any questions that you'd like me to answer in a future blog post about Five Summers--the process of writing it, or the plot, or who I had to sleep with to get it (spoiler alert: Jeff)--please email me. I love getting RAQs (Rarely Asked Questions) in my inbox!

Share/Bookmark

13 comments :

  1. I don't usually read YA, but I will definitely be buying your book and pushing it on anyone who will listen. If any of the characters are half as hilarious as your blog, I have a feeling I'll be cracking up as I read it on the bus on my way to work and people will think I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put the button on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pre ordered AND put you on my Pinterest book board, even though I am embarrassed as all hell that I am even ON Pinterest. But you are there now so if one types your name in their massive pin search engine, 'Five Summers' should crop up. Can't wait...Summer and teenage angst are my favorite reads/nightmares! Huge congrats. And as always, I don't know ya, but I luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked it and stuff, and I'm sharing it with my Super Secret Moms group on FB (because even though you're not in our group- though, hey, consider yourself invited, and you don't know us, you're one of us in spirit) but, dammit, I want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? You're getting your Raq ready??

    Seriously, I have Liked you on FB a lot, I will buy your book, and here's two bloggers I know and like who review books and have a nice following:

    http://www.eclectic-eccentric.com/

    http://www.lifewithbooks.com/

    Going to order 5 copies when it comes out and give one to library, two to school library , one for me, one to my niece.

    BOOM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, RAQs: I would like to know about the entire process of getting it published Una. I know you write like a dream already, so there's that . But was it an angsty process? It's OK to tell the truth if the first agent who looked at it, loved it.

    I just want to know the ins, the possibility, the how tos, is the dream within reach????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, just thought of two more I know: Mindy over here: http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com/

    and Verb Vixen (Kate) over here: http://verbvixen.tumblr.com/

    The eclectic eccentric is Tracey, and Jenners is at life with books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY YOU! I will like your fb page and promote you on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Una, here's the deal. I will promote your book on my site, button and all if you share some of your sassiness and star author-power on my Apocalypse Blogfest. Deal? I know your personal vision of the Apocalypse has to be ahhhh...different.

    Details por vu:

    Consider yourself invited to the first ever Apocalypse Blogfest. Where you get to design your own Apocalypse. Shannon Lawrence from The Warrior Muse and I are co-hosting this badboy and would love for you to share your thoughts. The date of course is 12.21.12.


    Here is the link to my post about it:



    http://apackalipsnow.blogspot.com/2012/12/todays-apocalypse-sign-choose-your.html

    http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/

    Hope you can make it!


    Chuck

    Apocalypse Now


    ReplyDelete
  10. Pre-ordered! When it comes time to distribute galley copies I'd love one and I'll use it as a giveaway at Kate's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! The button is added to my blog. (I'll buy yours if you buy mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. In a not-creepy way, I will tell all the preteen and teen girls I know (which is a lot, not-creepily) about your book. Bonus: I'm a camp counselor and they are campers. See? Toldya I was normal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liked on FB! I'd love to hear about your writing process; esp. with a baby & job...you still work, right? Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...