Thursday, June 7, 2012

80s Movie Trope Thursday

This afternoon, my sister texted me:
I actually just saw a middle-aged dude steal a cab from an old lady. I feel like I'm in some stereotypical NYC movie scene haha.
And then, just now, while I was on my way to buy two bottles of cheap wine instead of one decent bottle (piddling funds = quantity > quality. Also, I may be a momma but I still like my wine. It's on People.com so it must be true), I saw a man in a classic red convertible throw his head back with Ferris Buelleresque abandon when the light turned green.

Guys. It's spreading!!! Keep your eyes open for Molly Ringwald stitching her own clothes out of burlap, or a scrappy preteen doing an athletic training montage, and REPORT BACK TO ME IF YOU SEE ANYTHING. Especially this:


Share/Bookmark

10 comments :

  1. If I see any thing like this, I'll assume and hope that it's only an LSD flashback...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *did* see a scrappy red-headed orphan girl beat up some hooligans because they were abusing a scruffy but loveable stray dog...but I didn't think anything of it until just now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second time this week that Ferris Bueller and Molly Ringwald have come up in conversation! There must be something in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure would be some kind of wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you did there :)

      Delete
    2. Well played, Andrea. Well played.

      Delete
  5. I actually find your sense of humor and style of writing quite amusing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read "Ready, Player One?" You might get a kick out of it, what with the 80's being present and accounted for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always quantity vs. quality around here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. an 80's movie epidemic sounds a lot more amazing than a zombie one. get the hint, hollywood?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...