Thursday, August 25, 2011

35 Weeks And Stayin' Classy

As you may have heard, New York City got hit with a massive earthquake on Tuesday that caused great devastation across the region, knocking over yogurt cups and causing ceiling lamps to swing gently from Battery Park all the way up to the Bronx. Baby and I survived, only to learn that there is a hurricane headed our way this weekend. Should I start stocking up on Off! for the coming plague of locusts?

Just kidding, what I'm really focused on is balling up very small socks. Duh. Priorities.

Is it sad that this took me an entire day?
Yes, yes, y'all, we are DEEP into the nesting, and have actually accomplished a lot in the past few weeks when we weren't busy watching old 30 Rock episodes while eating too much Popeye's, or trying to figure out why our baby seems to be shaped like a donut (he can't have two butts, can he?). We  painted, we built the crib, we got a rug, Jeff lugged a loveseat out of the apartment, my sister and I washed and folded enough baby clothes to tide the Duggars over for at least a few months.

Of course, when it comes to my clothes, I stubbornly insist on continuing to wear my normal wardrobe (excepting, of course, anything made of pleather, or that has a waist... or legs). Anyway, as a result, I am looking extra classy these days:


You are welcome, son. I promise I will pay for your therapy someday. As soon as you finish organizing your sock drawer.

Share/Bookmark

14 comments :

  1. Dear Lord, that's a lot of socks! Your unborn son has more socks than I do, which I suppose makes sense when you think about how many will fall off and be lost forever, but still. Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:08 PM

    those tiny socks get lost in the wash pretty easily... you'll be glad you have a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful photo of you. You look great. Now. The hurricane. Listen, because there is not much time. You need to start tearing down the curtains and making dresses an' stuff. I read that somewhere. As God is my witness, I do NOT understand why you keep questioning me. Oh. Wait. You don't seem to have curtains. Ummmmm. Plan B anyone, huh? Maybe some bottled water and formula. I, um, I prescribe bedrest. You do not need to be having this baby in a hurricane. Seriously, you are beautiful I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'm back. I know. I'm thrilled too. So. plan B. Forget plan A for now. Take the little baby socks and sew them into curtains. I don't know why, dammit! It is the voices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rockin it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of your multicolored socks. My baby has all pink everything. But I guess I can coordinate outfits in the complete dark, so that is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @chicken's: would bedsheets suffice? they'd be large enough.

    also: having a baby in a hurricane would be a funny story to tell someone someday. of course, there is that whole unplanned home birth or placenta in the taxi issue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A demand a Classy Pregnant Una Dancing Gif! Possibly in this ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spent an entire Saturday organizing CD's recently, but you've managed to out-Jon Arbuckle me! (I think pregnancy's a better excuse than sobriety, though)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You almost have enough socks. However, there's always room for one more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. almost there. You look great

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think, thanks to this post, I had a hurricane-fueled nightmare that my doctor tried to induce me at 35 weeks. I kept thinking, "No! I'm not ready! My babies won't weigh enough!"

    And Amber from Teen Mom was there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great! The baby's room looks nice too. I was glad to read you had a relaxing vacation. Good for you with all the socks! I always had socks/booties/shoey things on the feet of my three and hate when I see a baby out in public barefoot.
    I was hurricane house bound here in NJ too.
    I baked, afaid I'd lose power and not have enough to fuel my sugar needs. Sad, yet true.
    So far, power has stayed on and nothing bad has happened. Hope it's the same in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey - you are looking classy. And I'm sure you've read the chain mail about 1st, 2nd and 3d child (which is very funny and highly accurate). First baby clothes are washed, ironed and sorted by color. Second baby you just check whether or not there are stains before putting it on. Third - boys can wear pink, right?

    I can attest to its truth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...