Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Scenes From a Marriage: Freudian Fetus

The Scene: Abed on a Sunday evening, trying to figure out what part of our future son's anatomy we are prodding in my belly (we literally don't know his ass from his elbow).

Jeff (to fetus): What do you think?
Me: About what?
Jeff: About... everything.
Me: But he doesn't know anything yet. All he knows is the darkness that surrounds him, and occasional glimpses of his penis.
Jeff: Then he knows all there is to know about being a man.
Share/Bookmark

13 comments :

  1. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Advice to live by : Always know where your penis is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love it. Secondly, if you want to stop guessing about the poking, go to Spinning Babies (.com) and they'll tell you how to figure out how the baby is positioned - big fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. So very, very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to tell your fetus that life will never be better than it is right now...someone feeding you, warm, dark...no demands...no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word.
    Hope you're holding up ok in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. profound! I like it! ;0D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your husband are hilarious. Seriously, I'd love to just go have a drink with the two of you! Not *now*, obviously, but you get the idea...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! Sounds like something my husband would say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice. I'll be honest, my first thought when I saw the first word in your scene description was not "abed" but "Abed", as in the character on the show Community. Now don't you wish he was there, too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. :) I linked this over at Kate's Library in my Friday Five.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...