Because as a woman, there is no cult more powerful than the cult of abdominal worship. You get registered as a lifetime member against your will, and once you're in, there's no getting out. It's like Scientology, but with the ab roller instead of the e-meter (and the cult of abs loves the gays).
But for 10 months at a time, if your ovaries cooperate, you can defect.
It's like one of those MasterCard commercials:
- Approximately 16 pregnancy tests: $112
- Health insurance: $600/month
- Out-of-pocket ultrasound because your expensive health insurance still manages to suck: $350
- Elastic-waist maternity pants, voluminous blouses, bigger bras, shoes half a size larger than you normally wear: $500
- Creams that will control your exciting new acne without giving your baby horns or a tail: $40
- Tons of baby shit*: More money than you have. (*not literal)
- Not being able to see your vagina: Eh, I'm sure it's fine.
- Not having to worry about flat abs for 40 weeks: Priceless.