Monday, March 14, 2011

Scenes From a Marriage: Bryan Adams Interlude

This photo is from last September, but also happens to perfectly capture Jeff's impromptu nineties love ballad face.
Jeff, hanging up his tie: Look into your heart... you will find... there's nothin' there to hide. Take me as I am... take my life. I would give it all, I would sacrifice...

Me: What?

Jeff, taking off his shoes: Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for. I can't help it. There's nothin' I want more! You know it's true... everything I do... I do it for you.

Me: Oh my God.

Jeff, curling up on the pillow next to me: There's no love like your love. And no other could give more love. There's nowhere, unless you're there. All the time... all the waaaaaay...

Me: I cannot believe you know the lyrics to this song. This is literally the best day of my life.

Jeff, his voice turning into some combination of Cartman and Elmo: I would fight for you! I'd lie for you! Walk the wire for you! I'd die for you! You know it's true... everything I do... I do it for you.

He waits for my swooning to subside, and then...

Jeff: P.S. I also know "A Whole New World," from Aladdin.

Just when you think you know a guy.
Share/Bookmark

16 comments :

  1. BA Baracus gets 'em every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I was obsessed with this song when the Robin Hood movie came out. And I was 11. 12? Way to go Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the sweetest thing ever. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know your marriage will last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my husband loves to karaoke a whole new world! He likes to sing Jasmine's part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK...first of all he's a keeper! Second though, for some reason this jettisoned my brain to the Peter Cetera Glory of Love ballad from Karate Kid (whatever number, as I am THAT old)...am sooooo fighting even letting my brain get thru the chorus for fear it will be lodged there for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good lord, that's SO HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if it's a generational thing. My husband also knows the words to 'a whole new world'; and just about the entirety of Alladin.

    Randomly breaking out into song: A sure sign you've got one of the better men on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband makes a similar face and lip syncs along (with air guitar) when I sing this and other BA songs in the car. Ah, love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boyfriend prefers to sing Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas=] Gotta love a man who knows his Disney Classics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That made me smile, then laugh hysterically. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband knows that song too. He plays if off by saying he learned it so he could woo a girlfriend in high school . . . I have my doubts.

    Nice tat, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would say "lock that man down", but you (smartly) already have. I should add "knows Disney ballads" to my perfect man list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It shames me beyond belief to admit this, but Everything I Do, I Do It For You was my WEDDING SONG. In 1993, but still. I thought it was incredibly romantic back then, now I just think I should have given our guests more liquor before subjecting them to that song at the reception.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...