Monday, March 28, 2011

Anatomy of a Blog Post

Here's a typical Sunday night at my house:

I am falling asleep on the couch in my Slanket, half-heartedly watching an 80s comedy involving either Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy assuming someone else's identity, with predictably hilarious results.

Jeff nudges me, and I make a noise like a wounded elephant.

Jeff then says, "I think it's your bedtime."

"But I haven't blogged!" I moan.

"Let it go." Jeff says.

"Nooooooooo!" I whine. "I can't. My readers will think I abandoned them. Or died."

"Okay. Do you have anything to blog about?"

"Well... I reorganized my shoe tree. And I think I pulled a muscle in my butt."

"Go to sleep."

But! Obviously I have defied Jeff's orders because here I am, at 10:30, pulling a blog post out of my pulled-muscle ass, because I will always choose quantity over quality.

And you can quote me.
Share/Bookmark

7 comments :

  1. You're too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha You crack me up. Hope your booty feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, pretty sure this is my new mantra: "pulling a blog post out of my pulled-muscle ass."

    I thank you for that.

    I have recommitted to blog more so your blogging determination is somewhat inspirational ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your devotion is admirable. And what, no pictures of the shoe tree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your pulled muscle..don't try to stick one of those heat producing bandage type muscle helping wraps on it...just trust me on that one.
    Good job on the shoe tree! I cleaned out the kitchen junk draw. Feels great, doesn't it?
    Spring Cleaning? Check! Done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even when you're sapped of creativity, you're still creative. It probably took you two minutes to create this post; whereas, it would take me two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope your ass is okay. i'm joining you in mediocrity over at aiming low. . . maybe i'll write about ass too. . . :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...