Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sexts, Guns, and Exorcism (and a Sausage Fest)

I hope I piqued your interest with that title, because this is a disguised link dump from a very tired person who needed to get her day-old Bachelor on. (I work late on Tuesdays, and stayed up Monday night writing these things, so forgive me this filler post.)

Anyway, I played critic for The Observer again this week with MTV's Skins, The Mechanic, and The Rite. Mostly I am mean about them, as is my wont. ("Do you like anything?" asked my awesome production manager, who talks like Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh might if he hailed from Arkansas.)

And also! This is the last week to win a $100 Visa gift card from Jimmy Dean D-Lights... the offer ends 1/30. Hence the sausage fest.Wah, wah waaaaah.
Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. Eeyore from Arkansas must sound something like the adults sound in the old Charlie Brown cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Well of couse I like things. It's just that all the stuff out now is crap."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't blame you...
    There is much out there NOT to like these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was under the impression that Skins was a reality show. I think watching people ruin their lives is only acceptable on Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Skins a reality show? I saw the pilot episode and it just seemed like a whole bunch of bad acting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:09 AM

    I enjoyed your US Skins review. I am from the UK and have a love/hate relationship with the show (I wish, I wish Stephen Moffat would take over the writing) its fifth series begins tonight with a brand new cast - they ditch almost the entire cast every two series in parallel to the two-year sixth form college system. I just wanted to point out that the first episode of US Skins seems to follow exactly the first episode of UK Skins- the "Mr.Happy" line and all. The second episode, which you prefered, is not from the UK version and perhaps the freedom to adapt the story for a slightly different audience might benefit the show.
    I hope I get a chance to see the US version!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...