Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What's That? It's Pat! (Or Velma. Or Rachel. Or Harry. Or Alex.)

Our friend Alex's birthday is today, but he had his party on Halloween. His girlfriend, Christina, emailed a bunch of his friends inviting us to dinner and telling us to "feel free to come dressed in costume, drag, or as Alex."

We unanimously replied that of course we would dress as the guest of honor.

For reference:

Sorry, ladies (and gentlemen), he's taken.

(You're especially sorry that he's taken when you see this exceptional photobomb...)


From here to eternity... ruined.

Anyway. I bought a short boy wig and some cheap plastic glasses. I looked less like a boy than I looked like Velma from Scooby-Doo dressing as Rachel Maddow or Harry Potter.


Meanwhile, Jeff looked kind of like Egon from Ghostbusters...


Without my coat, Jeff said I looked like an unfortunate lesbian, but that didn't stop him from grabbing my boob during an auto-timed portrait:

We went as gay Alexes. Or is it Alexi?

At the restaurant, a bunch of friends joined us in paying homage to our beloved A-hole:


I still looked like Harry Potter dressed as Rachel Maddow (a.k.a. s/he who must not be named).

But if you're asking yourself, What's that? It's Pat!

I'll say, no, it's love.

[Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.]

Share/Bookmark

22 comments :

  1. "...an unfortunate lesbian!
    That's too darn funny! You are so busy, I don't see how you are able to have so much time for fun, but you sure seem to! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd be scared if there were a bunch of me's running around

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shudder to think what my friends would come up with if asked to dress like me. Lot's of leopard print and Whitesnake hair I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta say, I'm curious... What's with the two on the end? Dead Alexi? Alexi zombies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were those zombie Alex's in the last picture? That's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet. What a wonderful group of friends!

    p.s. ~ do you have some connection with funny approval codes. This time mine says "shetti" ~ Pardon moi` I must find the Lu to release a giant shetti. [sorry couldn't be helped]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea but I'm not sure I'd want to know exactly what my friends think I look/act like. hummm... interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best party idea ever. On your next birthday you should totally do a unibrow bash. (unibrash?)

    (also, funfact: did you know that in the UK they call it a monobrow?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder how many people at the restaurant realized you were dressing up like Alexes/Alexi? Maybe they just thought you all were related or from a hipster convention or something...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Cunning Linguist says it's Alexi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea you were friends with Rivers Cuomo! (second from left in that last picture)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely Velma! And I think you would be a very fortunate lesbian with the boob grabbing going on...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the best idea I've ever seen for a Halloween Birthday party! I'm going to suggest it to my best friend's husband, for her birthday next year (she was born on Halloween).

    ReplyDelete
  14. That photobomb picture just became my new go-to when I need a laugh. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. With or without a coat, I look like an unfortunate lesbian every day of my life, Una, so I'd say you nailed it. Thanks for surrounding me with such beauty for my birthday.
    Love,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  16. I DO bare a slight resemblance to rivers cuomo in this picture! no one has ever mentioned him to me before. He can be my new celebrity doppleganger. Alex's Halloween birthday is the gift that keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, this is awesomeness. And also, to be lazy and comment on the "Ghosts I have been" post, your sister dressed as a Hershey's kiss SLAYED ME. I haven't laughed that hard in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luckily Jeff knows that unfortunate lesbians need their boobs touched just as much as fortunate ones do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am doubly sad that your friend Alex is taken because in that picture, he looks a little like Dr. Spencer Reid, aka my imaginary soul mate. So much disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, you guys were really sincere! I love this idea of coming dressed as the guest of honor. I'll have to remember that. Just too fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...