Sunday, May 2, 2010

Scenes From a Marriage: Taking the Cake

Scene: Saturday night. My sister throws me a belated birthday party. My mother bakes an adorable cake*.


Candles are lit, we sing, we serve, we eat. Sometime later, I leave the room.

Five minutes pass.


Jeff is totally going to be in charge of teaching our kids how to spell.

*She said to me, only half joking, "I want to see a picture of the cake on the blog." I don't think this is precisely what she had in mind. But mom, rest assured it was beautiful and delicious (seriously, everyone said so.)

BREAKING UPDATE, SUNDAY, 8:50 PM: I just called my sister to thank her for throwing the party and she dropped the following bomb on me: The anus cake was not a solo effort. "You were a part of that?" I asked. "But I just gave Jeff credit on my blog!"

"And he let you?" Zoe was shocked. "I carried that. He was trying to do it and I stepped in I saved his ass. And then we high-fived." 
Share/Bookmark

20 comments :

  1. "I want me a big honkin' piece of Anus Cake" is not something I ever thought I'd say, and yet, here I am. Saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it gives a much cleaner definition should someone say "I'd love a piece of that anus". Very cute cake and happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooo great! Love kids when they learn to read and spell. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To quote Drum Eatenton, "Nothin' like a good piece of ass!"

    And it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anus cake has always been my favorite. You're a lucky woman :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, of course! I can't think of a more appropriate time to high-five than after making ass-cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore when my boyfriend and my sister are getting into all sorts of hijinks together. Funny, it usually involves similar components such as the snickering over dirty words and the high fiving.

    What I don't like is when I am the victim of said hijinks. There is nothing worse than a witnessing a high five occurring at the expense of my dignity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant cake and making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anus Cake is better than no cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm... anus cake. Wait... uh...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Anu... Ooooops! Sorry! Una. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking that anus cupcakes might be good. That might be to much anus for some people. Then some people need smaller servings of anus, plus kids parties are open to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Very cool of your Mom to make the cake and of your sister and husband to hijack it. cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I saved his ass" - Pun intended?

    I love anus cakes. There's just nothing like a fresh, warm, anus cake with gooey filling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anus cake is great, but chocolate anus cake? Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great way to spend a belated birthday...gathered 'round the anus cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sassy! I just wanted to let you know that I am giving you the Happiness Blogger Award....you can go to my blog to read all about it! Hope you are having a lovely day!

    http://jmt978.blogspot.com/2010/05/happyness-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. sorry this is incredibly unoriginal but that is freakin hilarious! there seems to never be a dull moment with any member of your family.... EVER! =) i love that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! Awesome, simply awesome. hahahah! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...