Monday, April 19, 2010

Photos From DR

All courtesy of the amazing Jeff.

It was pretty...

I mean, if you like blue skies, sun and sand. 

The very first thing I did was accidentally clog the toilet. Apparently you don't throw toilet paper into the toilet in the Dominican Republic. Anyway, there is no photo of that. Back to blue skies.


Sometimes, though, we had to get away from all of that picturesqueness, so we played cards. (Not pictured: Pass the Pigs. Oh, yes we did.)


We drank rum and cokes on the beach... One day a man came up and sold us a coconut and we poured rum into the hole at the top and drank rummy coconut milk. Mmmmmm.


We went out to a nice dinner for my birthday. Jeff toasted me (he looks so grim because he just realized he can no longer say he is sleeping with a younger woman). He also wore this striped shirt and flip flops the whole time, which is unlike him, but essential for his transformation into Island Jeff. Everything is irie with Island Jeff.


We bought mangoes at the supermarket and ripened them in the sun...


I stared off into the ocean and contemplated things, like entering a new decade and also how to surreptitiously use other people's toilets since mine was out of order.


It was a great trip.


Share/Bookmark

17 comments :

  1. I'm so ready for summer and for the beach.

    unravelledthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to sound jealous, but I'm so jealous. Mostly of your rum filled coconut. However, definately not jealous of the clogged toilet. Ok, maybe a little...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos... makes me wish my honeymoon would start like TOMORROW so I could take some snaps too! :)

    I'm glad you had a good time! Oh, and that you found another toilet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I wish I enjoyed hot weather...

    http://meghansmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a relaxing and easy-going trip! That's what a vacation is supposed to be like. Who needs itineraries?

    Rummy coconut milk sounds divine. I need to find a coconut...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you do with the TP, reuse it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to the DR last year and we had no problems flushing TP. Haha. And reading this makes me want to go back SO bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh mangoes! And coconuts! And rum! I heart your life Uma. Well, except for the clogged toilet moments, I don't heart those. And thank you for not sharing those pictures, really, thank you VERY much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds wonderful (except for clogging the toilet part).

    I'm more relaxed just thinking about it - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a lovely trip...even with Island Jeff.
    I'm planning my first trip to NCY in about 10 days. What's the weather like? any good packing tips while I'm trapsing about your spot in the world?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate the toilet thing. Dang. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me long for the beach! I can't wait to go on my cruise now!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first two pictures of the beach are the best.Mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When my hub and I were on the beach in DR - a man came up to and cracked a coconut open for us without even asking. We told him that we brought no money to the beach. He sat on the hub's deck chair swinging a scary large knife until he finally decided not to kill us and walked away.
    He did glare at us every day after though...

    www.robyn-fojoy.blogsopt.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect vacation....I am so super jealous of you. Next time I am hiding in your luggage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos! Summer is almost here! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...