Monday, January 11, 2010

Fun With Crosswords Six: Lesser-Known Bible Stories

As always, Jeff and I do the Sunday Times crossword. Hilarity ensues. (We are a week behind, so for sticklers, this is last weekend's puzzle.)

Me: 112 Across. "His twin duped him." Four letters. Second letter 'S.' Hmmm, who are those twins from the Bible?
Jeff: Cain and Abel?
Me: Yeah, that won't work.
Jeff: What about Asso?
Me: [incredulously] Asso?
Jeff: He's from the appendix.
Me: Shut up.
Jeff: No, seriously, Asso and Sacko.
Me: [Laughing so hard I'm snorting] You know what the saddest thing is? I still can't tell if you're kidding.
Jeff: They lived in Tel-Taint, close to Hebron.
Me: [Wiping away tears] I love you so much right now.
Jeff: Most of the missionary work Jesus did there was to cure occasional irregularity.


Asso and Sacko hug it out.

In case you are wondering, the correct answer was Esau. Which, one might argue, is just Hebrew for Asso.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. This made my morning. Funny stuff. Reminds me of the time that I did sudoku with my parents and I just randomly filled the thing out w/ numbers. They thought that I was a genius until they actually looked at the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I like your style, Grant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...