Lentils: good for your bowels; better for your wallet. You are welcome, lentil farmers of America.
Yesterday I also shattered a wine glass in our sink, which nipped two of my fingers. Somehow I feel that this, like the lentils, is also auspicious. Like I christened 2010 with blood and wine. So when this year turns out to be awesome, you can thank me.
Okay, so I guess I should make some resolutions. I don't want to stress myself out too much so for every positive resolution I'm also going to have a negative one, to take the pressure off.
- I am going to reach my 1000th post on this here blog, but I'm not going to give myself a number of blog posts to do in 2010. Last year I did 275; hopefully I'll get somewhere close this year.
- I am going to attempt to eat more foods that do not come in Drake's Cake packaging and are perhaps even organically farmed, but I am not giving up anything (I don't do well with self-denial).
- I am going to help my husband quit smoking, but I am not going to lessen the amount of television I watch; in fact, I may increase it.
- I am going to be better with my money, by which I mean not dipping into the low double digits on my checking balance, but I am also not going to make any more money (sadly that's not a resolution, just a fact. With my new and "improved" healthcare plan, I'll actually be taking home significantly less money in 2010. Bah.)
- I'm going to stop hoping that Jake Gyllenhaal will come out this year, but I will not stop reading celebrity blind items on gossip websites and keeping a secret list of who I think is gay