Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fiber-Rich Resolutions for 2010

Happy 2010 everyone! I decided to take yesterday (officially January 1st, but as far as I'm concerned, Decembuary 0) off. I was not, amazingly, hungover, but I had super important things to do, such as see It's Complicated with my mom and eat lentils (which mom says are supposed to represent coins, according to Italians, which ensures a prosperous year. If how much I ate is in any way correlated to my impending wealth, I am going to be so rich. You heard it here first.)


Lentils: good for your bowels; better for your wallet. You are welcome, lentil farmers of America.

Yesterday I also shattered a wine glass in our sink, which nipped two of my fingers. Somehow I feel that this, like the lentils, is also auspicious. Like I christened 2010 with blood and wine. So when this year turns out to be awesome, you can thank me.

Okay, so I guess I should make some resolutions. I don't want to stress myself out too much so for every positive resolution I'm also going to have a negative one, to take the pressure off.

  • I am going to reach my 1000th post on this here blog, but I'm not going to give myself a number of blog posts to do in 2010. Last year I did 275; hopefully I'll get somewhere close this year.
  • I am going to attempt to eat more foods that do not come in Drake's Cake packaging and are perhaps even organically farmed, but I am not giving up anything (I don't do well with self-denial).
  • I am going to help my husband quit smoking, but I am not going to lessen the amount of television I watch; in fact, I may increase it.
  • I am going to be better with my money, by which I mean not dipping into the low double digits on my checking balance, but I am also not going to make any more money (sadly that's not a resolution, just a fact. With my new and "improved" healthcare plan, I'll actually be taking home significantly less money in 2010. Bah.)
  • I'm going to stop hoping that Jake Gyllenhaal will come out this year, but I will not stop reading celebrity blind items on gossip websites and keeping a secret list of who I think is gay
I'll leave you with this photo, which Jeff found while scanning old negatives. We think I found the sign on a curbside mattress, but it's also possible I was hooking for drugs. Which, by the way, I also resolve to not do in the coming year. Free, clean mattresses for everyone!



Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. I'm going to see "It's Comlicated" with my Mom tonight.
    Also, now that I live in Texas, there is some sort of Southern tradition to eat black eyed peas on New Years Day. Pssh. Can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good mom movie, but if your parents are divorced it can be slightly uncomfortable to sit next to you mother during the Meryl Streep-on-Alec Baldwin sex scenes.

    As for black eyed peas, interesting. I've never had them. And it just makes me think of Fergie and Will.i.am.

    What city are you in? I lived in Austin as a child, and still miss it.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to skip "It's Complicated" with my (divorced) mom. Shudder.

    I am not going to stop hoping that Jake Gyllenhaal is gay, however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice share i love this blog

    please visit prediksi bola

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...