Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rollin' On The River

I was at a karaoke bar for happy hour this evening, but I didn't sing. Instead I sat back with my probably bad-idea glass of Cabernet and appreciated other people making fools of themselves. That and watching the videos that accompany karaoke songs, because WHERE DO THEY COME FROM? Why does Patricia Clarkson's doppelganger star in Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"? Why is there ALWAYS a role for a man wearing overalls? Who produces these magical vignettes and did they film anything post-1987?

Just before I left, two very drunk women performed a rousing rendition of "Proud Mary" that made me want to come home and have a dance party with Jeff. If even one of you clicks on the video below and dances around like an asshole, my heart will grow three sizes.

Doo doo doo doo
doo doo doo doo
doo doo doo doo...


Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. I sang Proud Mary for a company-wide karaoke competition at my last job. Mid-routine costume change, choreography and everything. I came in second. I lost to a chick who sang "The Greatest Love Of All" by Whitney Houston. No joke. :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, no offense to Whitney, but that is LAME. How can that stand up to a COSTUME CHANGE and sweet choreography? I call foul!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...