Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pigs N' Pie

Apologies for the lack of posting. (I've gotten so good at doing it every day! That's what she said.)

It's 4:46 in NYC, and despite the above sentence I am not already tippling.

I am, instead, cleaning and cooking like a madwoman for my 5th annual ladies-only* holiday potluck.

A month or so ago, a friend forwarded me a recipe from (now-defunct) Gourmet magazine's website. It was for frozen peanut butter pie with candied bacon. "Seriously????" she wrote, and I replied "Mmmmmm I would totally eat that."

And so I made it for tonight.


My friend is coming. I'm going to make her eat it.

If you're on the East Coast, I hope you're enjoying the slushy snow. If you're on the West Coast, shut up, I don't want to hear about it. Happy weekend!

*I would call it Girls Gone Wild, but that's trademarked...
Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. That's neat. A star of David on a Christmas treat. Enjoyed the site, thank HPost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the star of David made of bacon was totally unintentional, and yet perfectly sums up my Jewishness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a report on the taste - how was it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it was amazing. Like a peanut butter heart attack. The candied bacon was especially delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:23 PM

    The bacon looks like a maple leaf. Are you secretly Canadian?
    From,
    A Canadian

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, but my ancestors are French Canadian!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...