Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Play's The Thing (I Haven't Started)

Happy November, kids! I've been asked by a great fledgling arts collective to write a one-act play based on a blog post. The first draft is due Thursday and I haven't started (what, bidding on that Cross Colours jacket took up a lot of time, people!). I have some ideas, and have gotten great feedback from other bloggers who are also doing plays for this endeavor (check them out on my blog roll!), but I also want to get your 11th hour votes.

Any posts stand out to you that would translate well to the stage? I realize that the majority of my posts are monologue-y (and are also about, like, nachos and weaves I see in the street, which don't have a lot of dramatic potential...) but the play doesn't have to be a literal interpretation.

Thanks in advance for your input. While I wait for you to give me all the answers I will eat my weight in candy corn while watching old episodes of The Twilight Zone. Working is hard!
Share/Bookmark

5 comments :

  1. Your posts about your marriage are already set up as dialogue. You could do a short play about you and Jeff! Hey, I'd watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll perform it for you in Indiana some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11 AM

    A selection (or a series of selections) from scenes from a marriage gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:53 PM

    you two are adorable! love stories always grab my attention, especially when they're as hilariously cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is an old post... but I'd love to see the "peeing on the floor" incident done up in play form!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...