Monday, October 5, 2009

Welcome to My Pity Party. Care For a Cocktail?

Tonight I am feeling like I will never be a real writer. I have no discipline; I'd rather be reading my InStyle magazine right now, with Drew Barrymore on the cover. And I don't even give a shit about Drew Barrymore.

I'm so self-indulgent. I never write if I don't feel like it, and I haven't been feeling like it. I've been so uninspired for the past week, and so stressed out at work. Wah, wah, wah, I know. I need to get over myself. I want to be one of those people who buckle down and work no matter what, but I'm just not.

What if I never get to be a writer, you guys? What if I have to stay at my day job forever, or at least until I get laid off (because media companies aren't doing too well these days)? And if I get laid off, I will be so fucked. I will probably have to waitress, and you know how misanthropic I am, so I'll probably last a week. And then I'll have to babysit and sell decoupaged bookcases on Etsy and I will develop a serious substance abuse problem. Hypothetically, obvs (although I do make a mean decoupaged bookcase. No, I'm totally serious).

I know I shouldn't post this, but.... eh, fuck it. Goodnight.

P.S. Oh, and I missed Gossip Girl. Worst day ever.


Share/Bookmark

7 comments :

  1. alright, i feel like i've been blog-stalking you for days. i was just telling my girlfriend at work how thankful i am that i have you to laugh at. she recommended your blog a few weeks ago and i've been hooked ever since. and i'm all the way in korea, so you must be fucking funny. anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. I need to get my head out of my ass and stop complaining. New day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I don't even know you, but I think you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:41 AM

    I have 2 responses.
    1. I already considered you a real writer
    2. I´m sure you´re the kind of person who feels better when others are slightly worse off than you are (because aren´t we all like that, or is it just me? frak...) so I will tell you that I´ve been meaning to blog about my month long world travels with my boo for, well, since the travels begun... and ended... and yet have not. So, always remember that you are a more disciplined writer than I. (I know what you´re thinking, V doesn´t strive to be a writer, but it´s always been a dream of mine. One which got waylaid when I got tricked into going to that techy school. And now one that goes into the box marked "unreachable" along with America´s Only Top Model, Fashion Designer, and Child Chess Champion.) - V, in Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. V- you should absolutely blog! And ain't no such thing as unreachable. Well, okay, we probably won't ever be America's Next Top Model, but if you want to write, go for it! Wow, two exclamation points and I haven't even had my coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sass - you ARE a real writer!!! I donno what defines "real writer" technically, to you, but you are sooo a real writer. But today I was thinking that you should write books. Even just one. Publish it on lulu.com and I'll so buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...