Saturday, October 10, 2009

Scenes From a Marriage: The Plight of the Lower-case Gs

So for reasons unknown to him but hilarious to me, Jeff is kind of obsessed with the song "This is How We Do It" by Montell Jordan. Just now he came in while I was making the bed and said "You know, the hood's been good to me." "Oh, really?" I said. "Yes," he said. "Ever since I was a lower-case G." This is the conversation that followed:

Me: You know, we've known each other ever since we were lower-case Gs.
Jeff: We're still lower-case Gs.
Me: You'll always be a big G to me.
Jeff: You should do a blog about how we're all lower-case Gs in our twenties. And how now things are just starting to pick up. Even though we still have no hundred dollar bills.
Me: Yeah.
Jeff: We are hundredaires, though.
Me: Yes. And sometimes even thousandaires.
Jeff: Like every two weeks, for about five minutes.
Me: Still, it counts.
Jeff: If this were the 1900s we'd be rich.
Me: Yay!
Jeff: And if this was the 1700s, you'd be burned as a witch.
Me: Why just me?
Jeff: You're a Jewess.

That's all, just wanted to share. Happy Saturday!

Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. haaaaaaaaaaahahahhahaaa. I love this whole conversation. There's so much substance... deep within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to watch out for those hundredaire Jewesses :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got to watch out for those hundredaire Jewesses :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to watch out for those hundredaire Jewesses :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...