Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Scenes From a Marriage: Pretty Pity Party

Last night I was in a mood. I very much want to blame hormones, but I have no clue what's going on, since I haven't...er, fallen to the communists since I went off the Pill. I CAN tell you that my skin seems to think I'm sixteen again, as I'm breaking out, and either I'm retaining water or someone somewhere has made a voodoo doll in my likeness and is slowly inflating it with a bicycle pump.

Anyway, I came home, changed into some fetching capri sweatpants and a tee-shirt, and flopped into Jeff's arms.

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I wailed.
Jeff stroked my hair. "You're so pretty," he said.
"You think I'm pretty right now?" I was incredulous.
He smiled. "I always think you're pretty."
"You think I'm just as pretty now as when I get dressed up and have clean hair and do not resemble a pepperoni pizza?"
He nodded. I paused.
"Then why do I even tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" I cried, burrowing my face in his neck as he began to laugh.

Oh, I am just so manipulative.

P.S. Later on, largely due to Jeff's cheerleading, my mood improved. And since he finally joined Facebook, we e-flirted from approximately 20 feet away.


He's just the best.
Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. This just makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my face turned into a disgusting, revolting mass of zits when I went off the pill. It was awful. Hope it calms down for you. :)

    My husband likes me best with no makeup on and my hair a frizzy hot mess. It's good. That means they actually love us and not the painted up, glossed back representation we send out into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds just like my husband, who is also the best! I'm amazed by their ability to love us in our sweatpants and ponytail hair glory.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...