Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Love Has No Freezer Burn

Jeff and I never got around to eating our year-old wedding cake tier on our first anniversary last October, so I had the bright idea of eating it on Valentine's Day, the most romantic of fake holidays, instead. Here is where the cake has been rotting living, frozen in carbonite à la Han Solo (please forgive the utter grossness of our freezer).

We had not seen the cake since our wedding on October 19, 2007. It was wrapped and handed to us by the staff at the Palm House as we were drunkenly ushered out to our waiting car. After five layers of tin foil, the 483 day-old cake revealed itself itself in all of its cracked brown glory.

Jeff had the amazing idea to recreate the cutting of the cake. Unfortunately, the excitement was too much for me and I farted while we were waiting for the self-timer to go off. This is the resulting photo:

It's actually better than our real cake-cutting photos. I should have farted then!

Below, I taste a morsel of the confection (full disclosure: the cake was not all that good when it was fresh, so we did not have high hopes).


Our hopes were right on target; the cake was stale and the icing had aged to a chalky consistency with hints of coagulated coffee:


Jeff was even less impressed:


Satisfied that we had fulfilled our marital duty, we decided to finally put the cake out of its misery.

On our 10th anniversary, maybe I'll try on my dress and cry!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Hilarious. LOAO (our asses - reading this with my bf)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard at the thought of you farting waiting for the camera timer to go off that I blew a snot bubble out of my nose. On another note that's not gross - cute dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...