Sunday, January 18, 2009

Book Learnin'

I'm working on my unibrow essay this month, and I've actually been doing some research on the subject to help make my flippancy and use of expletives seem more authoritative.


Anyway, fun fact: One of Frida Kahlo’s most famous paintings (above) is titled Self Portrait with Thorn Necklace, Hummingbird and Unibrow. I knew that her unibrow was always prominent, but I didn't realize that Kahlo's titles acknowledged it outright. That is actually a really good idea; I might steal that from her. Instead of seeing my old photos as unflattering relics, I can turn them into art. My twelfth birthday party will heretofore be known as Self Portrait with Oversize Denim Hat, Slap Bracelet and Unibrow. Maybe I’ll sell them on eBay.
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...