Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Sassy Curmudgeon Voter Registration Challenge

A lot of my friends are really working to register voters and canvas in swing states. My friend Betsy, who recently moved to Indiana, has organized something she calls The Barack Obama Swing State Challenge. She's organizing phone-a-thons and trying to rally the masses.

I have always bristled at the thought of cold-calling people I don't know, but I am going to try to do my part, particularly by repeatedly threatening my 18 year-old Republican cousin. But seriously, this election is so incredibly important. If you are not registered to the vote, for the love of God, do it. Nothing makes me angrier than people who do not exercise their right to vote, and if you care enough to read my random musings every day, PLEASE do this for me. And if you have any friends that aren't registered, PLEASE force them to. This website is extremely easy to use.

Also, please email me if this blog actually got you to register to vote, because then I can feel incredibly self-satisfied, and it's only Tuesday and I need it. Also I will mail you a mix CD. No joke.
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...