Friday, July 18, 2008

Whitley Gilbert says Don't Stop Dancing!

I saw The Dark Knight last night. At 12:30 am. I don't know what I was thinking—I am usually exhausted after 8 hours of sleep, and last night I got 4. But it was fun, and a good movie, and before we waited in a three block-long line in Times Square, Alex screened some vintage Batman clips. And it was totally worth it (I am not a big comic geek, believe it or not), because Prince's Batdance, a DVD extra on the 1989 Batman directed by Tim Burton, is the most amazing thing ever. It is his Thriller.

(Also--what late '80s TV actress does Prince remind me of in this? I feel it is some strange combination of Jasmine Guy and Lisa Bonet, with maybe a little Dwayne Wayne and Ron Johnson thrown in. So basically the entire cast of A Different World.)
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. What might be the weirdest thing about that video is Prince's only spoken line of the song, which I can make out as "Hey Jackie, let's get the 7-inch from the computer!" ??? Is that a line from the movie or something?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...