Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday Stream of Consciousness


I had a long weekend, so apologies for leaving you with the sweet smell of Crisco bathrobe for 5 days. My mom and I drove up to Rhode Island for my cousin Zack's graduation party (I can very clearly remember the day he was born in 1990, which makes me officially OLD) and then even further up to Sudbury, Mass for my dear friend Abby's wedding. Traveling with one's mother is the stuff comedies (or crime novels) are made of, but my mom and I managed to enjoy our bonding time, even though allowing me to drive may have shaved a few years off of her life (I am, for the record, a very good driver. My mom just had a heart attack every time a light turned yellow—500 feet in the distance—for fear, I can only assume, that I was struck temporarily blind).

Speaking of yellow, Jeff took some portraits of me yesterday, for a class he is taking at the School of Visual Arts, and he zoomed in on the digital image, and my teeth look like something out of ... okay, so I was just Googling to come up with something witty to describe my wine-stained teeth, and first I thought of British jokes, but then I remembered Rainbow Brite and the Color Kids, and going to that Wikipedia page was the best thing I've done all day, totally worthy of a digression. Check out these amazing sentences:

The Color Belt needs colored Star Sprinkles to work. Each Color Kid is in charge of his/her respective color, and their Sprites mine Color Crystals from the Color Caves, which are turned into Star Sprinkles by a process much like using cookie cutters.

Sprites all look identical except for their colors, and in some cases, antennae.

It is controversial whether Tickled Pink is in charge of just the color pink, or in charge of all pastel colors.


Aaaaaanyway, I guess in the world of Rainbow Brite, my smile would be Canary Yellow. How did I not know this until now???? I will never smile again (I also discovered that my front teeth are totally different lengths, probably because I refused to wear my retainer for the prescribed period of time, specifically, the rest of my natural life). Sigh.
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...