Thursday, April 10, 2008

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K

I was totally going to write a post about my new denim jacket but y'all are in luck because something way more interesting is happening. I can't go into details yet, but strange and wonderful things are afoot at the Circle-K of life right now. I'm no mystic, but I'm convinced that there's some cosmic stuff going on. See, my magazine ran a cover story on Christina Ricci this month, and as I was editing it I was (duh) reading it and she said something about life cycles happening in 7-year increments. I realized (again, duh) that I'm about to turn 28 (yes, it is UBW08!) and that means that on Sunday a new life cycle will begin, if one is to believe those kinds of things. I decided to consult the all-knowing Internet. Here is what some unknown Aussie mystic names Anne Elisabeth has to say:

There are 7 year cycles which form the basis of experience in every person's life at particular ages, regardless of what Zodiac Sign etc. a person was born under. All the personal factors in an individual's own Horoscope modify the way these 7 year cycles are handled but does not and cannot avoid what is meant to be at certain stages of life. These are called the Generic Cycles of Uranus. (Author note: Way to make it sound reputable, guys).

That's pretty much the best part of that site, because the rest goes on to be extraordinarily vague (for instance, during the cycle beginning at 28 "a person will feel they have to 'create' something out of their life." Um, no shit.

Anyway, I like the idea of starting a new cycle. The stars certainly seem to be aligned ... there might be a major change for the better on the horizon. I will keep you posted.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Cristin4:00 PM

    I am similarly obsessed with other peoples' birthdays, to the point where I think some people find it creepy and/ or think I'm in love with them as a result of it. What can you do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...