Thursday, April 24, 2008

Run-In With My Inner Child?


Today I am test-driving a new pair of shoes. I bought them for my new job. They are office-friendly sandals that say (or at least I hope they say) "I am responsible yet stylish". They hurt like a motherfucker.

So I was walking, painstakingly, down the street this morning when I passed a mother and her young daughter. The child, petite and brunette, was walking alongside a pink tricycle and did not appear to be in pain, but as she passed me she said (without looking at me) "Owwwwwwwwwwww. Owwwwwwwwwwww!"

I mean, wow. That is some Shirley MacLaine shit right there. It was like my inner child found an earthly body in order to ask me "What are you doing?"

Then again, maybe that kid just had a splinter.
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...