Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In the Heights Opening Night

Sunday night was the opening night of In the Heights, my friend Lin's Broadway musical! Jeff and I brought our sexy faces (well, he brought his sexy face and I brought my cartoon face).


The show was amazing (see the widget above the blog title for a preview) and Lin got a five-minute standing ovation! I wish I could show you the look on his face. Alas, I can only show you what he looked like when we attacked him at the after party:


Oh, and P.S. The New York Times compared Lin to Ethel Merman! Ha!

You know I was on celeb watch. Look! It's Anthony Rapp!


(Most people know him from Rent, but to me, he will always be Darryl from Adventures in Babysitting.)

And look! It's Dr. Calliope Torres from Grey's Anatomy, otherwise known by her actual name, Sara Ramirez!


I did not see this with my own eyes, but apparently she got down on her knees in front of Lin and bowed. Also, she is a very good salsa dancer. I, on the other hand, am not.


Just look at Aileen's face.

When we started dancing, I had had a cocktail. Singular.


And then, I had ... more? I guess? I don't usually freak people sober.


I definitely don't jump into sandwiches with men I barely know. Look at my face. I'm so proud of myself. Look! I'm in a grind sandwich! Yay!


Jeff and Micah also showed off their dancefloor skillz.


It was a night to remember -- and at midnight, it became Jeff's birthday. Happy birthday baby! I got you a grind sandwich! Yay!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Is this the look you mean? Or perhaps one of these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Anthony Veniziale you're sandwiching. Very cute. Very sandwich-worthy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...