Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Democrats, Unite!

I am getting nervous. Not because Hillary Clinton won the primaries in Texas and Ohio -- fair play to her -- but because the fight for the nomination is still going, even promising to get more contentious and negative.

I'm no political pundit, but it seems to me that the longer this fight goes on, the less likely the Democratic candidate will win in November, no matter who it is. The party is so divided over two qualified candidates that it s tearing itself in two. If -- and it looks ever likely that it's not an 'if' but a 'when' -- it comes to cut-throat fighting over superdelegates, if the nomination isn't decided until the convention, I think that there will be such a divide within the party that it will be impossible to recover from. Hillary fans will resent a victorious Obama and say he can't win, Obama supporters will cry foul if Hillary gets the nomination despite lagging behind in pledged delegates. Meanhwile, McCain will be cruising along with the entire Republican party at his back.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...