Friday, February 8, 2008

One Size Up, One Step Back

You know what pisses me off? How hard it is for women to feel good about their bodies. I could go on and on and on here and get all Lifetime movie-of-the-week with my personal body demons, but instead I'm just gonna lay this morning down for ya (think of it as an account of one small battle in a very long war):

I've been feeling pretty good lately. Good in a jiggle-in-front-of-the-mirror and think I'm sexy kind of way. Good in a never-touch-the-scale, never-count-a-calorie kind of way. But then I put on a pair of pants this morning -- having left them at the dry cleaners for ... ahem .. three months after getting them hemmed back in November -- and they wouldn't fit. They squished my thighs and barely buttoned over my pelvis, leaving an overflow of flesh along the top. The end result was uncomfortable and unattractive. And those stupid fucking pants made me stop feeling good! Why do a stupid fucking pair of pants have so much power?

Maybe this is my penance for forgetting to pick up my dry cleaning ...
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous3:08 PM

    Even as a guy, an episode with a snug pair of trousers can get me down too. !
    Jesse S.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...