Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Out with the Old, in with the New, drink some Bubbly, don't be Blue

Hello, all. I am writing this from my desk the day after Christmas. People like to say -- in many situations, including going to the gym, going to twelve-step meetings, and the like -- that showing up is half the battle. Well, I'm here to tell you that when you have to work on December 26, showing up is the whole battle. I am not doing a goddamn thing. This is mostly due to the fact that none of my bosses are here ... in fact, I am one of four people working today ... so there are only a few goddamn things I could be doing even if I wanted to. I'll get my nose back to the grindstone tomorrow, but today I am blogging. Obviously. And wearing a festive pom-pom hat indoors, not so obviously.

Mainly, I'm working on my New Years Resolutions. This is generally an exercise in self-delusion, as every year I vow to exercise daily, eat vegetables, and limit drinking to once a week. However I do have some concrete New Years blogging resolutions that I think I can stick to. For one, I am going to blog more. This year I have (including this post) posted 168 items. I think I can make it to at least 170 before January 1. 170 posts a year means (hold on while I open the Calculator application) just over 14 posts per month, which means on average I posted once every two point one four days. I think I can beat that, so I'm gonna resolve to post at least 220 items in 2008.

I'm also bringing back Curmudgeon of the Week ... actually by popular demand, if you can believe it (also if you count three people's opinions as "popular"). Curmudgeon of the Week will appear every Monday. And every Friday I'm bringing in a new feature in which I recap my favorite TV shows. It will be called Holly Go Homely. A girl at my office writes a nightlife column called Holly Go Nightly, and I thought I could be a good boring, married, couch-potato counterpoint.

Lastly, I'm going to try to do more scathing fashion and movie reviews, as they are fun for me and tend to generate traffic. I currently get about 60-80 hits a day, and it would be awesome if I could expand that in the coming year.

In case you were wondering, I had a very merry Christmas this year, and I hope you did too. I always get kind of blue when Christmas ends and the new year looms ahead, but I have a feeling that 2008 is going to be a good one. So enjoy the rest of your December and indulge all of your vices, quick, before you swear off of them for two excruciating weeks!
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...