Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas, Bedford Falls!

Merry Christmas! I will be on hiatus from blogging until the 26th, but I wanted to take this opportunity to spread glad tidings of joy. What can I say? It is my special talent.

As I write this I am at my desk, my shoulders tensed up in a hunchback pose from stress. But thanks to all of my favorite Christmas stories (most notably the vastly underrated Scrooged, starring Bill Murray -- see below), I have faith that my own personal Christmas miracle will happen, and that I will emerge on December 26th a new woman with a smile on her face and a song in her heart. And, failing that, I will find my Christmas miracle in a bottle of cabernet.

I hope that you have a wonderful holiday. If you are Jewish, I’m a bit late in wishing you a happy Hannukah, but I hope you dreidled your assess off and ate lots of latkes. I have some new features in store for the blog in 2008, so I hope you stick around to read them. And thank you, from the bottom of my curmudgeonly (but surprisingly soft) heart, for reading my random musings and encouraging me to keep writing. It really is what makes me happiest, apart from the aforementioned cabernet and my brand-new husband.

I leave you now with my own personal moment of Christmas Zen. Put a little love in your hearts, y'all, and don't eat the yellow snow! Love, Una.


Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...