Monday, December 17, 2007

Learning to Count, Circa 1982

This weekend Jeff and I had a truly amazing idea: watch all of the trippy old clips from Sesame Street that we had enjoyed as children of the 80s.

Aside from being awesome in general and incredibly stimulating after three scotches, these animations triggered a kind of instant long-term memory switch, whereby one second I had completely forgotten that such a thing has ever existed and the next minute everything came flooding back with amazing clarity: my corduroy pants and striped sweater; hanging on the monkey bars at the playground; the black and white TV I watched until we went color in 1986 or so.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did (altered state not required). Also, do you think the people who made these were probably on acid? Because I do.




Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Oh my god I remember all of those... but the second is my favorite because it's all Jim Henson! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...