Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Wedding Post

Hi y'all! I'm back from my honeymoon in Rome (look for a new blog to temporarily take over this one tomorrow -- Il Sassy Curmudgeon a Roma. Apparently the title of my blog doesn't exist in Italian, and "The funny misanthrope" or "The grumpy, feisty one" didn't seem as fitting). I'm sorry that I haven't posted in so long, but I'm also glad that I'm not the kind of person who would blog from her honeymoon. That's a slippery slope, one step from live-blogging a birth.

Anyway, I'm married now, which changes nothing. I feel happily, exactly the same. But the wedding was fantastic. It really went off without a hitch, except for the moment when I suddenly decided I might want to wear my hair up, right as we were leaving for the ceremony, and my Mom yelled at me, "Una, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR HAIR???!!!!!!" But, I have to hand it to her, she had a point. Brides, don't re-do your hair an hour before the wedding. You are experiencing cold feet through the follicles, that is all.

The whole thing was kind of a blur. People warned me that it would be. It was an excited, giggly, wonderful blur. I hardly got to see any of my friends, which was too bad, but I did say hello to everyone at least once, and I danced and I drank, and I ate, which everyone warned me I wouldn't be able to do. I made sure I sat down and ate my dinner, even though it was a little weird -- kind of like an actor in a play sitting down in the audience for a rest.

Here are some pics, sent to me by friends wielding digital cameras:

Me and my bridesmaid/Pinoy Princess/personal chanteuse Aileen striking poses pre-ceremony:



The wedding party:



My proud parents, walking me down the aisle:



The kiss!



The tango (better ones to come):



There are sooooo many more pictures. I will try to post more today, but for now, I'll leave you with my favorite photobooth moment:



Despite the rain, it was a very nice day for a white wedding.
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...