Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Francis

I'm on deadline and two weeks away from my wedding, so forgive the lack of new posts. Also, just to warn you, this one isn't funny.

Last Thursday, as I was rushing to an appointment with my florist, I got a call from the salon where I'm getting my hair done for the wedding.

"I'm calling about your appointment on October 19," the caller said. "I have some bad news."

"Um?" I said (I think.)

"Francis passed away." she said. Francis is my hairstylist. Was my hairstylist. And he wasn't old.

"Oh my God!" I said.

"Yeah," the operator sounded emotional.

I wish I could have hung up and left it at that, but my craziness kicked before I could think about it.

"Um, do you have anyone ... else ... who could do my hair that day?" I felt awful, but in my defense I had only seen Francis twice, so while it's very sad it wasn't a great personal loss for me. And these things need to be figured out. Also, I guarantee, you tell a bride her own FATHER has died and she'll say "Who's going to walk me down the aisle then?"

Anyway, Francis was a sweet and lovely man, and I'm so sad that I won't get to see him again.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Sorry to hear about Francis. It'll work out, don't worry. Everything does.

    Have a beautiful (and stress-free--yeah, right) wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God. I just came back and clicked on your Francis link. How terrible! Poor guy! Only 39.

    Geez...

    Still....have a fun wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...