Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Know I'm Trying To Be a Better Person and Everything ...

But when exactly did it become OK for the non-blind to take dogs on the subway? I have seen this phenomenon twice this week. I get on the train, see the dog, and immediately think, Blind person. You are not allowed to silently hate them or their dog, even though dogs are not known for holding their bladders in enclosed spaces.

Then, the "blind person" checks his BlackBerry. At which point I think, You had better be doing some braille texting, my friend, or you have some 'splaining' to do.

I'm sorry, but dogs are not okay on public transportation. Until they learn to not shit whenever they feel like it. Then they can ride with me.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Assuming you are talking about non-purse dogs, the dogs are allowed on the subway if they are service or therapy dogs. Both have to pass rigorous testing and won't be relieving themselves in the train station or on the train. If the dog didn't have a vest on (service dog), there was probably a large photo license hanging off the collar (therapy dog). Of course you might have been venting and I can shut up now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...