Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday Updates


You never know what you have until it's gone. Like, when you get a cold, you vow never again to take for granted the feeling of being able to breathe through both nostrils. Similarly, this week I am looking back fondly on the days when I breezed out of the office at six, unemcumbered by the anvil of stress that I know know to call "closing an issue".

Anyway, I am trying hard to stop hating people on the subway and in the street. For instance, yesterday, I thought I saw the tell-tale pole of a blind person (it turned out to be just something someone was carrying, but, true to form, I generally do not wait for more information to react unfavorably). My first thought was, Jesus! Why is he even in the subway? It's going to take him a fucking hour to climb the stairs, and I'll be stuck behind him, and I can't say anything because he's blind. As I began walking up the steps, behind a slow old woman but without the much maligned, imaginary blind man in my path, I realized that the effort required for an old, infirm, or sightless person to climb a flight of stairs probably outweighs the slight inconvenience I feel having to walk behind them.

Look at me! I'm well on my way to becoming a functioning member of society!
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...