Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's A Nice Day for A Subconscious Wedding

No one wants to hear other people's dreams. It's a rule up there with "No one really likes beets", or "If you name your child Percy, you are asking for it".

That said, I had my first Wedding Anxiety dreams last night, back-to-back. I won't bore you with the details, but basically I was a number of hours late to my wedding in both dreams. In fact, the second dream, I think, was a make-up wedding after I completely missed the first. Of course, my high school crush (now gay) made an appearance, to give me (I am not making this up) his own home-made rendering of my unibrow (the closest thing I had to adolescent trauma). Also I was inexplicably wearing shorts under my gown. The most vexing thing about the dream, though, was that even in my dream, even after being four hours late to my own wedding, my biggest concern was that we would have to pay overtime fees for the venue.

That, my friends, is what getting married will do to you.
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...