Tuesday, March 20, 2007

King of Wishful Thinking

When I was little, I had the mark of a true perfomer, which, I believe, is doing a lot of very earnest lip-synching in the privacy of your own bedroom. I mostly sang along to Madonna songs, pretending I was giving the show of a lifetime on stage at P.S. 282. I once famously yelled at my sister without breaking my concentration: "Life is a mystery - getoutofmyroom - everyone must stand alooooone ...." It's on audio tape. What's better than audio, though? Video. And what's better than Una LaMarche singing Madonna?

Lin-Manuel Miranda singing Go West.

(Lin, for those who don't know him, wrote and is currently starring in a critically acclaimed musical, In the Heights, off Broadway. I also went to high school -- and college -- with him).

I hardly ever forward YouTube videos, but this is priceless.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. I dunno. My vote goes to Una singing Madonna. WHEN CAN WE WII??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...