Thursday, March 29, 2007

Goodreads

There's this new internet club, maybe you've heard of it? It's called Goodreads. I know it's cool because I got about six invitations to join in the span of two hours. It reminded me of the Friendster explosion of 2003 (you old folks know what I'm talking about). Anyway, on Goodreads you can list all of the books you are reading, are preparing to read, or have read that you would recommend to friends. The problem is that it takes a long time to find the book, rate and review it, and post it to your profile (What? Two minutes is a long time!), so if you're kind of non-commital like me, you will only have six books in your list compared to the thirty or forty that your friends inevitably have time to add ... every day. I decided to make my own honor system and stick to books I had just finished or am currently reading (sadly, magazines don't count on Goodreads); however, I'm pretty sure some of my friends are cheating, unless they ALL decided to re-read The Wind in The Willows simultaneously. Behind my back! Assholes.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Its kinda good I think that magazine reads dont count on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...