Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Una VS Uma: The Throw-Down

I was actually looking at "U" Baby names in order to write a little piece about the burdens of having a name that means “The One”. I’ve had that nickname with a number of boyfriends, and, well, that’s not a term to throw around lightly, especially when someone is going to, I don’t know, dump you on your one-year anniversary or sleep with your friend. But I digress.

The point is that everyone always calls me Uma. They assume that because there is one freakish Aryan celebrity giantess with than name that I must be saddled with a clunky “m” instead of the “n” I was born with. Not anymore, though. Here, in print, UMA is defined as “a form of Una”. TAKE THAT, alien woman! I OWN you! And you SUCKED in “The Truth About Cats and Dogs”.

Okay, I’m done.
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...