Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Details Magazine: Lover of Women - er, "Fatties"

So it has come to this. Welcome to womanhood, girls. You've got two choices here, only two: skeleton or pig. The footwear - thank God - stays the same.

What puports to be an article about how great it is that Hollywood women are getting healthy and non-emaciated (which, by the way, means that they wear between a size 2 and 6 as opposed to an XS from BabyGap) is illustrated with a picture of a pig in high heels and the headline "FAT IS BACK".

Salon.com's Rebecca Traister says it better than I can right now through my blood-red haze of rage. Read her response here.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    So, basically that article says that men like Amazon hourglasses... this is not news. Mae West was 38-24-38. That's practically inhuman! Their list of examples is truly nauseating, especially to my meager b-cup self which is neither heroin-waif nor voluptuous Sophia Loren/Elizabeth Taylor goddess. I want to smack my computer screen for even showing me the article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...