Sunday, June 25, 2006

My iBook was at Woodstock

My computer clock has been weird lately. It's off by hours, sometimes days. No matter how many times I reset it it goes wonky again.

Yesterday I went to fix it yet again when I saw that, apart from having the wrong date and time ...

My computer thinks that it's January, 1970. I don't know how long it's been living in a time warp. Maybe it got freaked out by y2k and defected to a simpler time?

Oh, man. I can't even begin to deal with this right now.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Hmm. Have you been letting your battery run all the way out? iBooks don't have anything to store the date and time if the power runs out for a long time.

    Otherwise, you could try resetting the "Power Manager Unit." On most iBooks, that means turning it off, hitting Shift-Ctrl-Option-Power, waiting 5 seconds, and then turning it back on again. On older iBooks, it means turning it off, taking out the batter and the AC, and pushing the little reset button next to the headphones jack. If you've got such a buton, that's the method to use. If you do reset the PMU, your date and time will reset, but they might stick this time.

    If it's neither of those things, and you're no longer under warranty, you might be in trouble. Not big trouble. Just, dammit, I've got to keep changing my date and time trouble. If you go to your Date and Time Preferences, and tell it to set Date and Time automtically, it should keep things OK for you as long as you're on the Internet...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...